Thursday, August 30, 2007

Obedience Trial Champion. And the question is . . .


The following question was recently posted on my blog:

Anonymous asked...

Amy, what is the highest obedience title you have achieved? Also which breed did you have the hardest time training? That’s for sharing you knowledge, all us dog owners appreciate it!

amyammen replied...

Wow, what a great question. I'd swear my mom posted it, but she doesn't have computer access. "Obedience Trial Champion" is the highest obedience title I've earned on my dogs. 1. OTCh Wing-A-Ding Digger UD, flat-coated retriever (1987?), 2. CH and OTCh Fraja Earth Shaker UD, American Staffordshire Terrier (1988?), 3. CH and OTCH Makami Kiwi UD (1990?).
All were High in Trial winners and competed when jumps were set at one and half times the dog's height at the shoulder.
Since they are long dead, I'm eager to canonize these three flawless OTCHs. In the interest of full disclosure though, in future blogs I will share facts about Digger's, Shaker's and Kiwi's strengths, and what I did to reduce and modify their weaknesses. You can also look forward to seeing never before published, mediocre at best, photos.

The toughest dog I ever trained though was my briard CH Prix Weaselle D'occasian UD. This too deserves a separate entry. While I'm at it, I think I need to talk a little about Tess (Siberian husky) and Huzzi Bear (Australian Cattle Dog), my first American and Canadian UDs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home